Evernote makes sharing notes and working together simple. You can read below step by step directions on how to share your notebook or watch this video! Here are a few ways to share your work with Evernote
- Share notes in Work Chat
- Share a public link (URL) to a note
- Email a note
Share Notes in Work Chat
To share an individual note in Work Chat:
- Select a note from the note list.
- From the note list, select Share (desktop computers) or tap the Work Chat button, the speech bubble with an arrow (iOS devices), or tap the share button (three joined dots) at the top of the screen and choose a new or existing chat (Android devices).
- Note: In desktop clients, you can drag and drop notes directly from the note list into a chat. With both your note list and chat window open, drag and drop a note anywhere on the chat window. Select the arrow (pointing down) on the ‘Share‘ button to expand the menu for other note sharing options.
- Set the permission level to ‘Can edit and invite’, ‘Can edit’, or ‘Can view’. (Choose the can edit for the reading reflections note.)
- Enter at least one email address (or select at least one contact), type a message if you’d like to, then click or tap Send.
Once you’ve shared a note with someone, they’ll see a pop-up and Work Chat badge appear on their computer or device to notify them. If your recipients don’t have an Evernote account, they’ll receive an email or SMS message* notifying them that they’ve received a Work Chat message from you. They can then choose to sign up or log in to Evernote in order to view your shared notebook and chat with you.
Share a Public Link (URL) to a Note
If you want to share a note in another application, you can copy public links and paste them or post them. Once someone has a public link to your note, they will always have the most recent version of your note, and can even save it directly to their Evernote account. Because this is a public link, anyone with that link can see the contents of your note until you stop. This may not be the most secure for this reflection log and recommend against using this method.
To share a public link to your note, select the note, then do the following:
- Windows: Click the arrow (point down) on the Share button to expand the menu, and select Copy Share URL.
- Mac: Click the arrow (point down) on the Share button to expand the menu, and select Copy Public Link.
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch: Open the note, tap the options menu, tap Share, then tap Copy link
- Android: Tap the options menu (near the top of the screen), tap ‘More Sharing’, tap ‘Post a link’, tap ‘Copy url’.
- Web: Click the arrow (pointing down) on the Share button to expand the menu, and select Link.
Email a Note
To email a note, select the note from the note list, then do the following:
- Windows: Click the arrow (pointing down) on the Share button to expand the menu and select Send by email…
- Mac: Select Note > More Sharing > Email a Copy… from the Evernote menu bar
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch: Open the note, tap the options menu (three dots at the bottom of the screen), tap Share, then tap Mail.
- Android: Tap the options menu (near the top of the screen), tap ‘More sharing’, tap ‘Share static note’, enter the recipient, and tap Send
- Web: Click the arrow (pointing down) on the Share button to expand the menu, and select Email.
Once people receive your email, they receive a snapshot of the note at the time you shared it. They won’t see any content changes that you may make to that note later.
Parts of this guide belong to the Evernote Basics Guide